Monday, May 3, 2010

Creating A Compost Pile

One of the activities related to Earth Day and apart of our Science Standards for 3rd grade was to learning about and to build a compost pile. We have successfully built a compost pile by the bus ramp at TCE. The recipe to build a compost pile is: some brown stuff,(dead leaves, pine straw,)some green stuff,(fresh grass clippings,green leaves)and food(leftover fruits and vegetables,coffee grounds,egg shells, air, and water).The end result of a compost pile is to eventually have humus (rich soil)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Building a Compost Pile
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow made with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ms.Sanker!It's me Garrett and I really liked the compost pile I hope we can do it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep the compost pile going so that we can learn from it next year and so you can see the benefit of our hard work. Garrett, I hope come back to visit me. I will miss having you in my class. Mrs. Sanker

    ReplyDelete
  3. the compost is fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. DID YOU LIKE THE COMPOST?I DID TO! THANK YOU

    DJ

    ReplyDelete